Thursday, November 19, 2009

The New 3 R's.

When I was younger I spent a lot of time at my grandparents.  We would do all of the typical grandparent/grandchild activities like coloring, checkers, and reading.  When my grandpa would read to me he would always throw out there that back in his day all he needed to know were the three r's, reading, riting, and rithmetic.  I know it's a cliche and that everyone has heard it, but that memory got me thinking about how we have a new 3 R's in our society, reduce, reuse, and recycle.  Reading, writing, and arithmetic have become the norm and being able to go above and beyond in your life now includes being conscious of your impact on the environment.  Just a thought.

After the Texas Recycles Day event at Texas A&M, I was researching recycling in Bryan College Station to see if curbside recycling (super convenient...just my style!) was possible for my apartment complex.  From what I can tell, it's not.  There are recycling options in BCS though.  Curbside recycling, drive in recycling, cash for trash, and multiple places to drop off used books are just a few examples around town.  For more information, check out the Bryan or College Station websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment